"Now hear this, heads of the house of Jacob And rulers of the house of Israel, Who abhor justice And twist everything that is straight, Who build Zion with bloodshed And Jerusalem with violent injustice. Her leaders pronounce judgment for a bribe, Her priests instruct for a price And her prophets divine for money Yet they lean on the LORD saying, "Is not the LORD in our midst? Calamity will not come upon us." read more." Micah 3: 9-12
The Bible gives us many examples of evil that resemble these times. In fact, every since there has been a world, specifically since Adam and Eve sinned, evil men have existed. However, much like today, there were those men who went above and beyond evil! They were the original “Trumpites.”
“Joseph is quoted in Genesis 50:20 as saying to his brothers, “You meant evil against me, but God used it for good.” What a story with great implications for our own lives. So many times, things come against us that seem evil– sometimes they are evil– and God is able to use them for good anyway.”
Excluding Satan, King Ahab is arguably the evilest king of the Northern Ten Tribes of Israel. He was the first Israelite king to marry a heathen (non-Israel) woman, the beautiful but devilish Jezebel. Together they became one of the most sinful couples in Biblical history. Ahab built an altar, in the capital city of Samaria, to his wife’s pagan god. Jezebel not only fed and cared for the more than 800 false prophets, she had the evil tenacity to vow she would have Elijah murdered (1Kings 18 – 19). She also arranged the cold-blooded murder of a vineyard owner named Naboth in order to seize his land (1Kings 21). https://www.biblestudy.org/bible-study-by-topic/people-in-the-bible/the-most-evil-people-in-the-bible.html
Ahab, aided by Jezebel, helped lead the people into idolatry and set the stage for the nation’s captivity that would later occur. Elijah the Prophet confronted him several times for his bad behavior (see 1Kings 17 – 18).
Impeached President Donald Trump reminds me most of Herod the Great. Herod the Great was known best for his unbridled anger and willingness to do evil in order to achieve his goals. Fearful of losing his power and prestige, he attempted but failed to trick the Parthian Magi.Tweet
Herod raided King David’s Tomb, accused his own son’s of crime before Caesar. Probably the most unhinged thing Herod did was marry his brother’s wife Heriodias, an act considered by most people like John the Baptist as being incest (Mark 6:17 – 19).
Herod also imprisoned John the Baptist in prison, beheaded him, and finally had his head brought to the party on a silver platter (Matthew 14).
The President said “he knew Coronavirus was “deadly” but misled the people just the same. Even after learning that the virus was much worse than originally thought President Trump continued to take to the podium and lie.
Since people of color, poor people and uninsured people are affected by COVID 19 disportunately I have no appetite for entertaining the Presidents attempts to make people believe he cares about our fears, since he spent money on Ads that promoted a message to instill fear into “White housewives, telling them that the likes of Corey Booker would be moving to the suburbs.” That’s only one Ad, and one example, but we all know that there are many more where that one came from.
We, especially people of color or the marginalized have seen it before, “Government Commisioned Genocide Nullified.”It is time to get off the ‘misled’ wagon and call his actions what they really are. Why are we even talking about misleading when on Feb 7, 2020 the President stated, “You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu. “This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis. Anchorage Daily News https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2020/09/09/trump-says-he-knew-coronavirus-was-deadly-while-intentionally-misleading-americans-new-book-reports/
What made Donald Trump think he had the right to withhold such dire information from the people? Well, perhaps he felt embolden by those who stood by and allowed him to do so. The problem with trying to ‘whitewash this hogwash with more hogwash” is that it stinks too bad to be downplayed with such a weak lie. Forget about the part where the President says his reason for misleading us was to protect us from being overcome with fear, in so many words. Instead, lets deal with the conspiracy that preceded his elementary ‘spin’ of the whole mess.
- Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 259,909 cases, including 8,295 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from September 5 – September 12 is 3.7%. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 56,594 specimens for a total of 4,688,976. As of last night, 1,509 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 344 patients were in the ICU and 170 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators. [Illinois Department of Public Health, September 12, 2020]
- According to Christian Paz, Aug 2020, The Atlantic, “resident Donald Trump has repeatedly lied about the coronavirus pandemic and the country’s preparation for this once-in-a-generation crisis.”
- Children are “virtually immune” to COVID-19.
- “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful” and “If somebody wants to be tested right now, they’ll be able to be tested.”
The deadly lies that have spun from this President’s mouth over the last almost 4 years are criminal, yet still he still reigns. Any other President would have been impeached, and if he or she were a person of color, hanged by now! But, here we are and here Donald Trump still reigns.Tweet
The fact that so many so-called Christians (Evangelicals) choose to be a part of such an obvious cult-like movement would be baffling for most, but fortunately for believers, they are not impressed, deceived or willing to follow Satan to the grave. Essentially, true Christians know false prophets when they see them. Where in the Bible can anyone find Scripture that supports or endorses following a leader who brags about and does things like:
- snatching women’s puss–s
- calling women ugly
- making jokes about handicap people
- running an illegal college to cheat people out of millions of dollars
- bragging about being able to shoot somebody on the street and get away with it
- not defending the honor of soldiers charged to protect the country he was elected to govern
- not confronting a Russian dictator for putting bounties on our soldier’s heads
- not confronting bad actors for interfering with our elections (oh, my bad, they were interfering to help him win).
- Insulting war heroes like John McClain
- Wasting tax payers money to pay for him and government officials to go back and forth to a golf course he owns instead of staying at Camp David
- refusing to listen to counter-intelligence experts
- refusing to listen to scientists
- promoting unproven drugs to benefit cronies
- playing with God and the Bible to engage in a photo-op
- locking children in cages
- separating children from their mothers or parents
- lying about a wall that Mexico never intended to pay for
- using the White House grounds for partisan political events as though it were not all of the PEOPLE’S HOUSE
- Courting domestic terrorists and White Nationalists
- Using the United States Attorney General as his own personal attorney
- Refuses to step-down even though according to an article written in April 2020, by ABA Journalist, Robin Lindley “While Donald Trump had no experience in working in government or in public service when he became president of the United States, he brought an astounding history of involvement in thousands of lawsuits to the nation’s highest office. Former federal prosecutor and author James D. Zirin illuminates more than 45 years of Trump’s legal disputes in his new book, Plaintiff in Chief: A Portrait of Donald Trump in 3,500 Lawsuits, published in September 2019.”
While the above exaustive list of disparaging acts do not come close to highlighting the barage of gargantuan evil and possible criminal deeds perpetuated by Donald Trump, surely they should be more than enough for the Senate to act?
As a person of color, I have my own take on this atrocity, which is “Trump intentionally allowed the virus to spread out of control to win an election by #GENOCIDE, with a twist. The twist “instead of strategically and deliberately killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation, he went for as many perceived Democrats as he could muster up in his very own invisible COVID 19 net. This was designed to block certain individuals from access to treatment for coronavirus while gravely depreciating the level and quality of available community medical resources to treat COVID 19 in BLUE states.
The problem with Trump’s plan is that it is idiotic because a virus cannot be contained and allowed to transmit at the same time not without infecting Red states along the way. So, while the President layed in his bed comfortably in the White house day after day counting how many more Democrats needed to die for him to win he was losing Republicans simultaneously.
Many once agreed with the old saying and part of Scripture that tells us that “there is nothing new under the sun,” of course that was until a man like Donald Trump was Elected as President of the United States.
As the case may be, history tells us that evil dictators do not understand that when they dig ditches for others eventually they fall in the same ditch they dug. Covid 19 may not destroy President by disease but it is surely going to bring him down one way or another, along with his enablers. The list of enablers is long but their judgement will be swift, precise and predicated by the American people.
Okay, my head is spinning. Enough already!